forward ko lang itong announcement from my linkages at Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice based in NY, USA.
although they are identified as primarily a lesbian-focused organization, their grants are open to all in the lgbtqi+++ sphere, lalo na itong Intl Fund for Sexual Minorities. generally, for this, astraea prefers to give grants to groups/orgs/instis, not individuals.
i am a member of the International Advisory Board (Asia-Pacific) of this Intl Fund chever since Feb 2008. pero hindi ako pumupunta sa NY hehe. i wish!!! maybe soon. sooner. hehe. abangan!
may attachments itong kasama. email me privately so i could send it to you.
apply na! sayang pera. good luck!
feel free to repost din. go!
Greetings from the Astraea Foundation. Hope this email finds you well and that the month of August is fruitful. Here at Astraea we are ready to start the funding cycle of 2008-9. I would like to seek your help in forwarding this call-for-application to your contacts, associates, and allied organizations, as well as networks in your region and beyond. Your support is greatly appreciated.
The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice seeks applications for the next cycle of our International Fund for Sexual Minorities (due date for complete applications is Monday September 1st, 2008).
We encourage applications via email (to be sent to email@example.com) from organizations in the Global South and Global East - Africa, the Middle East, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific, and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Attached is the application and guidelines, with more information. Below are some highlights of Astraea's panel guidelines (one-year grants):
- For lesbian, trans, intersex, LGBTI, women's rights, or human rights organizations (for non LGBTI-groups we fund projects for and by LGBTI communities within the organization) located in the Global South and Global East that are working towards social change on LGBTI issues
- Groups must have a budget of $500,00 USD or less
- Groups should generally be operating for at least one year
- The maximum grant is $10,000 USD
- We fund GENERAL SUPPORT or Project Support
- Applications must be complete, including support materials, such as recent and current financials and letters of support from within their countries!
- Though the application is in English and Spanish only, we accept applications in any language
- More information about the International Fund and the types of groups we've funded in the past on our website at www.astraeafoundation.org and in the attached application and funding guidelines
Thank you for your kind assistance.
Associate Director of Grantmaking
Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice116 East 16th Street
New York, NY 10003