25 March 2012

Officially real

And this is how I determine that I am in love, for real: I write poetry, about how I feel. For her.

--------
Thank you, you're here
(for j.)

If I were to choose
In which time should I exist

I would choose right now
This time, here
Because you exist, now,
With me.

If I were to choose
In which space should I exist
I would choose right here
This place, here
Because you occupy it
With me.

Right here right now

Seems like an ideal concept
A tangible reality
For being, just to be
Because it's real

Because you're real
Because we're real

We are real
We are...

But things could also be
Just for now
And things could also be
Just for here
So I capture it
Lovingly, affectionately,
Delicately, desperately,

Before our time runs out
Before another space recalls you
Away from me
Away from us


Away, from us
From us...

But I don't mind
Your leaving
I don't mind
No, I shouldn't
Because I already accepted
From the beginning
That part of being with you
Is not being with you

At the same time.

Yes, at the same time.

So right now, here, is good
Yes, we're good. We are.
If this is as good as it gets, for now,
Then I accept it
Without reservation

But with a little fear.

No, don't worry. Don't.
My happiness is defined
By these snatches of moments
Precious and rare, like you are.

As long as you consider me yours
As long as I am relevant in your life
And as long as you give me honest love
Then I'm in it for the long haul
Mighty long haul wherever
Time and space be damned.



25march2012sun 3.55p





4 comments:

  1. This about just made me cry...

    "If this is as good as it gets, for now,
    Then I accept it
    Without reservation
    But with a little fear."

    And that, my friend, is how life and almost love, is for me, too, these days. Tagos sa laman, puso at damdamin, Libay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kampai, teh! :) isulat mo rin 'yan. at salamat muli sa pagbabasa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (= im very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete