17 September 2007

patalastas sa pagpapakadalubhasa

surveying my ten years' worth of stories, poems and what have yous here in my pandora's buxom of writings, i revisit some materials that i have long forgotten. and it makes me laugh sometimes, especially reading the earlier ones.

there's this sequence in THE L WORD where jenny the writer tries to enroll in a prestigious creative writing teacher's class, played by out bisexual comedian sandra bernard. when she finally gets in the class, i remember one session where the teacher scolded jenny. she said to her:

"You don't write [fiction]; you journal."

and that has resonated in me ever since i heard it. i've also been guilty of doing that a lot of times. sure, my personal experiences have been the jumping board of ideas for my fiction pieces but the thing is, i can't detach sometimes. that's the problem. kaya natatawa ako nang marinig ko yun sa show, tapos natatawa ulit ako ngayon remembering that while reading my stuff. nagse-select na kasi ako ng final candidates for my MA CW thesis, which will be a collection of my short stories in english. dapat a dozen lang ang gagawin ko, dyke's dozen baga hehe, pero mukhang kailangan kong dagdagan for the stupid page count requirement of a hundred. hm...

sayang. sarap sanang ipa-workshop itong mga kwento kong iba kasi gusto kong i-revise. was talking to my writer friend joel nga and exploring the possibilities of joining this writing group kaya lang mga filipino writers kasi sila mostly. although joel writes in english naman hm... we'll see.

also quite amusing to note his pasintabi kuwento, na i am "famous" daw in penguin cafe malate hahahaha. well, at least to the dykes who hang out there daw. now how come i never see these people when i visit there? hanlayo kasi ng lokasyon e. pumunta na lang kaya kayo dito sa qc mga hija? at dito tayo maghuntahan hehehe. i would love to hang out with fellow kabaros, always. you know me.

strangeness talaga yun hahahah. hay... famous ka jan. hahahaha. hm, makapunta nga malate hahahaha! sino sasama? chos.

No comments:

Post a Comment