watch! vue! libre ito.
The UPFI is pleased to invite you to An Afternoon with Lionel Bailliu – a joint presentation of The Embassy of the
In time for the French Spring Film Festival 2007 in Manila, award-winning filmmaker, screenwriter, and editor, Lionel Bailliu is coming over to the Philippines to present his first feature-length film, Fair Play (2006). In this context, the filmmaker is also coming over to the UPFI Videotheque (at the back of the Cine Adarna), for an afternoon of interaction with students and aficionados, and to present his short works – Microsnake (2000) and Squash (2002). These two films will not be screened in the French Spring Film Festival 2007 or in any other venue in the
The schedule of the program is as follows:
June 14 (Thursday)
(1) Lecture-Forum / Screening of Short Films (1–5 p.m.)
(2) Repeat Screening of Short Films (6–7 p.m. / 7–8 p.m.)
The filmmaker is expected to discuss the current situation of French film culture – such as new trends in films, film producing, and film consuming; the continuations and ruptures of contemporary French cinema from its rich cinematic history; and his personal film practice within these cultural and historical contexts.
* * *
The Awards of Lionel Bailliu
Fair Play (2006)
- winner, Best New Director, San Sebastian Int'l Film Festival 2006
- nominated, Best Short Film, Oscars 2004
- winner, Best Writing, Aspen Shortsfest 2003
- nominated, Best Short Film, Cesar Awards 2003
- winner, Best Live-Action Short, Toronto Worldwide Short Film Festival 2003
- winner, Golden Moon, Cinema Jove-
- winner, Audience Award, Clermont-Ferrand Int'l Short Film Festival 2002
- winner, Audience Award, Cork Int'l Film Festival 2002
- winner, Jury Award, Leuven Int'l Short Film Festival 2002
- winner, Audience Award, Palm Springs Int'l Film Festival 2002
- winner, Special Jury Award, Avignon Film Festival 2001
For further inquiries, please visit or contact:
Cine Adarna, Magsaysay and Osmeña Avenues, UP Diliman,
Tel: 981 8500 local 4286; 926 3640, 926 2722 (telefax)
Email: < email@example.com> Theater Services & Extension
For those in new york:
Flying While Muslim shows the faces of racial profiling in the post 9/11
On June 7th, come and meet the director - Lyra Porras Garzon's and help support the documentary by enjoying Mediterranean tapas and wine for only $25*.100 % of the proceeds and donations will contribute to the post-production of Flying While Muslim": Racial Profiling Post 9/11.
For more information about the documentary and a preview, go to www.flyingwhilemuslim.com.
When: Thursday 7th June 2007 From 6:30 to 8:30
Where: The White Room At Bello Sguardo
410 Amsterdam Avenue Between 79th and 80th streets
79th Street subway stop on the 1 line
Tel. 212 837 6252
Contact: Chantal Schuster
On June 19th, a 30-minute exclusive screening of the documentary will be playing at Pioneer Theater in New York. For advance ticket purchase, please go to http://thirdi.org/~ny/.