i like what the stars said to me today:
Your horoscopes for Saturday December 27, 2008
General Daily Horoscope for everyone
Although New Year's Eve is not until Wednesday, today's conservative Capricorn New Moon at 7:22 am EST is the astrological beginning of the next cycle. We are serious about what's ahead and need to establish firm footing now before we start our new journey. Energetic Mars comes to our aid, offering solid traction as it enters Capricorn. But a sweet Venus-Neptune conjunction assures us that we need not lose touch with beauty as we strive to get ahead.
(Apr 20 - May 20)
Saturday, Dec 27th, 2008 -- You are standing at the beginning of a great adventure and what you learn now can be very foundational for what's ahead. There's really no limit on what you can do once you make up your mind and begin moving in the direction of your destination. Don't be afraid to think big; just remember to bring your thoughts down to a very practical level.
bet. agree! at excited na ko dahil, as i discovered, year of the ox pala ang 2009. my year! this is my third cycle in this universe, and i'm curious and excited to know what will happen next. :)
but of course, things won't be much appreciated without the ever-present comparisons. got this from al's site at sinagutan ko na rin. sagot ka rin if you want.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
-- break up with someone who's unhealthy for me, before things started to rot. it was the best decision of the year.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-- i don't really make them. i make wishes and then wish that my
wishes come true
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-- parang wala...although my cousin's wifey gave birth in toronto. closeness na rin.
hangkyut nya noh! that's new pamangkin charlie gavin karga ni ninang cecil ko.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-- professional close, maybe, not personal. still, i mourned the loss: my former boss, direk cirio santiago of premiere entertainment productions.
5. What countries did you visit?
-- no chance to do that this year. was supposed to attend this conference thingie in beijing but alas, chaka ang systema ng peyups sa travel...
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
-- pera lang naman lagi ang sagot diyan hehe
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and
-- sept 28, the day i let go of multi-layered inhibitions and just plunged to meet someone i am curious about. namunga at namulaklak naman ang effort :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-- marami rin, in a way. una, finding somebody that loves me for real, without pretensions and hang-ups and other egotistical outbursts, and finally having a place of my own, a home i no longer rent, as in talagang akin siya! hansaraaaaaaaaaaap! and having my own column in a nationally-circulated major newspaper. winner!
9. What was your biggest failure?
--not realizing to let go of the unhealthy relationship earlier on. could have given me three more months of having a peaceful mind
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-- nothing serious. but this is the year i medically and officially discovered that i am flat-footed. ngyar.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-- this copper-colored acer aspire one! wahoooooooooo!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-- er, mine? hehe
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-- some people who projected to be my friend, only to end up persecuting me when things didn't go as they wished/planned/hoped/desired. it's not my loss, really. i'm over it. and i'm over them.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-- e di saan pa, sa food! groceries!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-- about meeting someone who finally clicks with me, and about buying a second laptop. sensya na, may pagka-gadget dyke ini.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
-- wit. songs, like bad friends, come and go.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? sadder at first, the happier na later
ii. thinner or fatter? strangely enough, thinner ati!
iii. richer or poorer? that goes without saying. tabla lang lagi hehe.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-- traveling. if only i had the money, and time! shet. san nakakabili ng time? i want one kilo.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-- crying and moping about the end of a relationship that wasn't healthy for me in the first place. tanga. heniwey, moving on...
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
-- spent it playing spongebob monopoly sa computer with my jowa hehe, and having lunch with my parents and my jowa
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
-- earlier, it was HEROES pero parang hindi na. balik-SMALLVILLE hehe
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-- i try to lessen the hate around me. there's too much of that already so i just avoid encountering it, even if it fucking presents itself to me. hudas.
26. What was the best book you read?
-- aaaaaaaaaahhh! not enough time to do this! bad trip! swear babawi ako next year!!!!!!!!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-- hm, wala e. that i still hate videoke?
28. What did you want and got?
-- this small laptop thingie hehe. gadget dyke talaga e.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
-- wala masyado, until jovan let us watch DARK NIGHT last night in an accidental film orgy here at home hehe. potah, chris nolan is da bomb! sabagay, he had me at MEMENTO. tanga ko, di ko pinanood ito sa big screen nyemas. maganda pala!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-- i turned 35. i kinda forgot what i did that time, meaning i might have been with people who mean nothing to me now, or who don't matter much. basta ang alam ko lang e kumain ako ng masarap sa isang restawrang bago/di ko pa nasusubukan, na lagi kong ina-achieve sa bday ko.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-- more money?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
-- less on the loose shirts and tried the more fitting shirts. it works pala hehe
34. What kept you sane?
-- cocooning/hibernating at my new sanctuary
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-- wala. detached ako this year sa ganito.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
-- the chorva on the repro health bill in congress, that stupid cebu canister case of a gay guy, and the passing of proposition8 in the US banning same-sex marriage. mamatay na ang mga religious fundamentalists and homophobic bigots.
37. Who did you miss?
-- my lola, especially when i watched ATANG onstage. grabe lang.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
-- this girl i met online...
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
-- that honesty doesn't sit too well with people regardless, it's their problem, not mine.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
-- hm, parang wala e...